Thursday, June 21, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge--Day 21: Inspired by a Color

Hey loves. Today's theme is inspired by a color. I ran into the same problem as a lot of other bloggers who have already done the challenge--lack of inspiration! The theme is left to interpretation and I really am a black and white kinda gal. I decided to use the name of a nail polish color as my inspiration. I went with China Glaze Pink Voltage and did some double lightning bolts using the tutorial here from Jane at Nailside. Get it, pink voltage? Lol. The colors I used are China Glaze Pink Voltage, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Silver Sweep, and OPI Black Onyx. I did have an issue doing this mani. Pink voltage is a neon and dried matte. I must have not used topcoat all the way to the sides and when I removed the tape, polish started coming off on the sides =[ Anyways, lesson learned: don't use a matte polish for this tutorial.



9 comments:

  1. In addition to an awesome design, you captured this neon sooo well! Tips on how to photograph neons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta. Honestly, I am guilty of not knowing how to use all the features on my SLR camera. I use auto mode and flash for all my photos because I have horrible lighting. This is horrible advice. I should just stop LOL.

      Delete
  2. I love it!! Such a pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! I love Pink and Black designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FANTASTIC!!!! Love how crisp the lightening bolt turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Realy nice. I like the lightening bolt too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Strikingly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com